The battle between the greatest teams has begun.
Who will triumph and be crowned as the Grand Tales Series
Admin Notes: You can enter your works inside "Tales of the Kaiser" folder.
We will be strict with the judging to keep things fair and square.
Make sure that you read the additional "Mechanics" found in this journal.
- Admin Ivan
General Notes:- Hey everyone! In commemoration of the 20th Anniversary of the Tales Series / Franchise, we are bringing you a NEW TalesOf Contest to start up our 2015.
- The genre for our contest is TEAMWORK and ALL FORMS OF ART are ACCEPTED.
Mechanics:- The first group to reach 100 EXP will win the contest. There will be only ONE winning team.
- The EXP gained will be based on the quality of the submitted deviation. It is also based from the current skills / capabilities of the artist to keep things balanced. (See EXP Table below)
- MAXIMUM OF 5 DEVIATIONS can be submitted per week for each team. The team can decide for their own regarding who will draw for each week.
- Submissions should have a [ToK - abbreviation of the team they're in] on the start of the titles of their entries. (eg. Deviation Title: [ToK-ToP] Klarth the Summoner)
- All entries MUST be submitted in the "Tales of the Kaiser" folder (to be opened on March 2, 2015)
- A cross-over submission between two or more Tales series IS NOT allowed. However, crossover between a Tales Series and another non-Tales Series is okay.
- Submissions should show actual characters of their own team / series. Submissions showcasing inanimate objects (such as weapons, sceneries, etc.) without any characters will be automatically be counted as 1 EXP.
- A deadline will be set if no team can reach 100 EXP by the end of June 2015. The team with the highest EXP will win at this point.
- If things get rough in our part (judging submitted entries), we will be posting a HALT NOTICE. Things can get busy in real life XP.
EXP Table:- EXP will be credited according to each person's skills. Basically, a beginner can gain more EXP than the veteran artists if the beginner gives his/her best at a given submission. With this, every member will push their limits with their artistic skills, whether they're new with their medium or used to it.
- There will be FOUR types of EXP criteria for each submission:
a) Base Artes (1 EXP) - the person contributed a simple submission (eg: casual cosplay photo, sketches/simple coloring, simple clay-molding, written dialogues)
b) Master Artes (3 EXP) - the person contributed his/her standard quality of work (eg: nicely rendered artwork, photography with decent settings, single-scene story)
c) Arcane Artes (5 EXP) - the person contributed an excellent work of art (eg: fully modeled Tales Character with details, artworks with colored background, cosplay that showcases action scenes, literature that consists of one chapter or more)
d) Mystic Artes (10 EXP) - this will be attained if a submission consists of a fully collaborated single artwork from 2 or more members of a group. Mystic Artes are considered as ONE submission only. Any sufficient proof of collaboration must be presented to the judges to validate this kind of submission. An average / standard quality of collab submissions will be given 5 EXP only
- EXP will be updated every Sunday of a week (but we will try updating the EXP sooner than each week's end). We will be posting each team's EXP count so members can keep track of their progress.
Prizes:- WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING PRIZE DONORS! There's no such thing as too small of a contribution (it may be an art prize of different forms, fan signs, points, features and etc.) We will be featuring all the contributors / sponsors here in TalesOf and at the end of the contest, we will be featuring their deviations in the group (contributors can choose what deviation of theirs to be featured).
- The members of the winning team will receive the following prizes (this will be updated, so keep in touch with us):
= 60 points for each member of the winning team (c/o )
= Cel-shaded artwork: "Group Shot" of the winning member's OCs (c/o )
= Half body group shot OR chibi group shot; the team will decide which one they prefer (c/o )
= Fanart of their choice as long as I approve I can do it
= One month Journal Feature (one artwork for each member) (c/o )
= Journal Features from Group Sponsors (c/o )
= Llama Badges for each member XP (c/o )
Team Information- We will be inputting all the information regarding each of the team's progression in this part. Please be guided accordingly.
- The teams competing for Tales of the Kaiser are:
Good luck participants and always remember to do your best at all times.
"Whatever happens, continue going forward even so." - ICR